Let’s get down to business. The day is coming up and there are more things left to do than you probably realize. There’s all sorts of ways we can get you to help out leading up to the wedding, but for now let’s talk about the day of. You may have an amazing fiance who rocks this wedding stuff, there may even be a planner involved but you can still help. Here are 5 ways that you can make things easier on your fiance and feel more involved in making the best day of your life even better,
1. Be in charge of the phone. There’s all sorts of things that can go wrong and decisions that have to be made. Wherever possible, try to be the contact guy on the day of. She doesn’t have time to field a dozen phone calls and probably doesn’t have the patience either. Take some weight off of her shoulders and handle a few things for her. This, of course, means that you will need to be informed on these things to make sure you can handle any questions that come your way.
2. Be in charge of you. This seems obvious but guys getting themselves ready from start to finish is not as common as you might think. Quite often the bride is in charge of the groomsmen gift which means she knows where they are that morning and how they’ll get to your guys. The same thing applies to your clothes, your getting ready room and even members of your family. If it’s something that you can take charge of, do it, she has enough to worry about.
3. Check in. It’d be awesome if the only text message she received all day was one from you checking on her. Tell her you love her, everything is going great and you can’t wait to see her at the end of that aisle.
4. Be aware. Keep your ear to the ground for any potential problems brewing. There are very few weddings that go off without a hitch so don’t worry when things go a little awry. If you can be the person to solve the problems before they reach her, you can be the hero. Let’s face it, aside from getting dressed your getting ready time is pretty low key. Be a good guy and step up.
5. Be her rock. It’s not likely that you’ll be the panicky type on a wedding day, but just make sure you keep a cool head. If and when things go wrong, she’ll be stressed. If you’re around each other when it happens make sure that she knows you’re calm but are taking the situation as seriously as she is. Then offer to help in any way that you can. She already looks to you for emotional support because she loves you, if you can be there for her now it will mean the world to her.